Monday, Dec. 21st
Tuesday, Dec. 22nd
This is the day that Anna arrived in London! I was so excited and couldn't believe that I hadn't seen here since June, before I left for Cambodia. Almost 6 months. Wow. It is a good thing she came over here because otherwise I wouldn't see her for more than one year! That definitely would be pretty crazy. Her flight was supposed to land at Heathrow at 9:15am, and she decided to navigate her own way from the airport to the hostel (pretty easy because the tube goes right there - just a few changes along the way). I hadn't heard about any delays, so I just say myself down in the coffee shop below where we were staying, starting around 10am and waited. After a couple of hours, I started to get a little nervous...but I made friends with the person working there while killing time :) Finally around noon (I think), Anna arrived (yay!!!) but without her backpack (definitely NOT yay). Apparently all the flights went just fine but her bags got left in Amsterdam. But, it was supposed to be delivered to the hostel in 24 hours, so we were not too concerned.
After getting her set up with a key, we set off right away to check things out. Since all the museums are closed the 24th to 26th, we only had a few days before Christmas to check things out. We did:
- british museum
- covent garden and belgo for happy hour mussels (learned about it when I studied there)
- we will rock you musical (very weird, but the guitarist from Queen gave a guest solo at the end - AMAZING!!!!)
- home and bed!
Wednesday, Dec. 23rd
- borough market - lots of fun food
- christmas fair thing on the Thams
- tate modern
- kept walking, big ben, westminster abbey - and then over to victoria and albert - harrods after
- dinner in chinatown - only an okay place
Thursday, Dec. 24th
- camden market - Anna got some clothes since her bag STILL hadn't arrived.
- angel and kings cross - walk from angel to the dorm I lived in when I studied here
- english breakfast at restaurant near there
- bought food for christmas day so we wouldn't starve!
Monday, August 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment